40+ Anniversary Quotes: Celebrate Love and Milestones | Perfect for Cards
Written by: Leah from Picta
Last Updated: Oct 16, 2023 | Reading time: 6 minutes
Our Best-Selling Products:
Whether you’re lucky enough to be celebrating your 50th wedding anniversary, or you are excited (and nervous!) to have your first year since your first day with your first boyfriend anniversary, this is bound to be an exciting time!
What better way to keep the spark alive then by celebrating your love! Whether it is for a wedding anniversary or a first meet anniversary, or even a first kiss anniversary, go big or go home and show your love!
Anniversary cards are a sweet yet simple way to make your love heard. But when it comes down to putting pen to paper, it isn’t always an easy task …. hello writer’s block! Luckily we’ve wrangled up some anniversary quotes for you to hopefully make your life easier!
Plus with Picta, your anniversary cards are ready same-day, at the Walgreens closest to you, perfect for when you forget that today Is in fact December 2nd!
Classic Anniversary Quotes to Write in a Card
- "Happy anniversary to the love of my life. Cheers to many more years of love and happiness together!"
- "It's been [number of years] and I still fall in love with you every day. Happy anniversary!"
- "To the most amazing partner, happy anniversary! Thank you for making every day special."
- "On this special day, I want you to know that you mean the world to me. Happy anniversary, my love!"
- "Here's to another year of creating beautiful memories together. Happy anniversary!"
- "You are my forever and always. Happy anniversary, my dear."
- "Through thick and thin, we have stood by each other. Happy anniversary to the one who completes me."
- "I am grateful for every moment spent with you. Happy anniversary, my soulmate."
- "To the one who makes my heart skip a beat, happy anniversary!"
- "Cheers to the love that keeps growing stronger with each passing year. Happy anniversary, my love!"
First Anniversary Quotes
- "Happy first anniversary to the one who stole my heart and made me laugh every step of the way. Here's to many more years of love and laughter!"
- "One year down, forever to go! Cheers to the best partner in crime a person could ask for. Happy first anniversary, my love!"
- "They say the first year is the hardest, but with you by my side, it has been the most incredible adventure. Happy 365 days of love and laughter!"
- "To my partner-in-fun, happy first anniversary! Thank you for filling my days with joy and my heart with endless happiness."
- "One year ago, I took a leap of faith and found the love of my life. Here's to a lifetime of leaping together. Happy first anniversary!"
- "They say the first year is all about paper, but with you, it has been a year of pure gold. Happy first anniversary to my treasure."
- "Happy first anniversary to the one who turned my world upside down in the best possible way. I can't wait for all the adventures that lie ahead!"
- "In just one year, you've become my everything. Thank you for making every day feel like a fairytale. Happy first anniversary, my happily ever after."
- "To the person who makes my heart skip a beat and my face light up with a smile, happy first anniversary! Here's to a lifetime of goofy adventures together."
- "They say the first year is the sweetest, and with you, it has been nothing short of magical. Happy first anniversary to the sweetest person in my life!"
Famous Anniversary Quotes
- "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person." - Mignon McLaughlin
- "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." - Aristotle
- "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other." - Audrey Hepburn
- "Love is not about how many days, months, or years you have been together. It's all about how much you love each other every day." - Unknown
- "The secret of a happy marriage is finding the right person. You know they're right if you love to be with them all the time." - Julia Child
- "Marriage is not just spiritual communion; it is also remembering to take out the trash." - Joyce Brothers
- "A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love." - Pearl S. Buck
- "There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion, or company than a good marriage." - Martin Luther
- "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." - Nat King Cole
- "A successful marriage is an edifice that must be rebuilt every day." - André Maurois
- "Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years." - Simone Signoret
- "Marriage is not a noun; it's a verb. It isn't something you get. It's something you do. It's the way you love your partner every day." - Barbara De Angelis
- "Marriage, ultimately, is the practice of becoming passionate friends." - Harville Hendrix
- "The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds." - Nicholas Sparks
- "A great marriage is not when the 'perfect couple' comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences." - Dave Meurer
Funny Anniversary Quotes
- "Marriage is like a deck of cards. In the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond. By the end, you'll wish you had a club and a spade." - Unknown
- "Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and the other is the husband." - Unknown
- "Love is blind, but marriage is a real eye-opener." - Pauline Thomason
- "Marriage is the bond between a person who never remembers anniversaries and another who never forgets them." - Ogden Nash
- "Marriage is finding that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." - Rita Rudner
- "A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance, and tenacity. The order varies for any given year." - Paul Sweeney
- "Marriage is like a game of chess. One wrong move, and you're married." - Unknown
- "Love is being stupid together." - Paul Valery
- "Marriage is a workshop where the husband works and the wife shops." - Unknown
- "Marriage is like a walk in the park...Jurassic Park." - Unknown
And there you have it! Some lovely, sometimes cheesy, but always heartfelt anniversary quotes to share your love with that special someone! Hope you found your secret sauce to put in that love burger.