Wording for Father's Day
Messages, Quotes and Sayings for Father's Day
It’s not always easy to write a card for Father’s Day. You want to express how much Dad means to you, but to put all your love into words isn’t always the easiest task. Read on for Father’s Day Messages, Quotes, Sayings and more.
Father's Day Quotes & Sayings
The perfect way to say Happy Father’s Day choose from these varied quotes all about dads!
- “A father doesn’t tell you that he loves you. He shows you.” —Dimitri the Stoneheart
- “When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back.” —Linda Poindexter
- “A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.” —Unknown
- “A dad is someone who wants to catch you when you fall. Instead, he picks you up, brushes you off,
- “A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father.” —Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- and lets you try again.” —Unknown
- “It doesn’t matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was.” —Anne Sexton
- “My father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see a future.” —Liza Minnelli
- “A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.” —Unknown
- “Being a great father is like shaving. No matter how good you shaved today, you have to do it again tomorrow.” —Reed Markham
- “A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child.” —Knights of Pythagoras
- “A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.” —Unknown
- “I always thought you’d make a great dad. Now, I know it. Happy Father’s Day to an amazing husband.” —Unknown
- “Grandpas bring a little wisdom, happiness, warmth, and love to every life they touch.” —Unknown
- “Grandfathers are for loving and fixing things.” —Unknown
- “A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart.” —Unknown
- “It’s the courage to raise a child that makes you a father.” —Barack Obama
- “The nature of fatherhood is that you’re doing something that you’re unqualified to do, and then you become qualified when you do it.” —John Green
- “Becoming a father, I think it inevitably changes your perspective of life.” —Hugh Jackman
- “Fatherhood is a marathon, not a sprint.” —Paul L. Lewis
Father's Day Quotes & Sayings
Some Bible verses about dads:
- Start children off on the way they should go (Proverbs 22:6)
- Fathers encourage and comfort their children (1 Thessalonians 2:11–12)
- The Lord carried you, as a father carries his son (Deuteronomy 1:29–31)
- Your faith will be a refuge for your children (Proverbs 14:26)
- Parents are the pride of their children (Proverbs 17:6)
Messages for Father's Day
How to write a card for Father’s Day with these messages:
- Start by addressing the card. Whether is it is to your dad, grandpa, uncle, or a family friend that is like a father to you. A simple “Dear Dad” or “To My Dad” will do.
- Include the quote at the beginning of the card if you don’t have any ideas to start off.
- Then you can expand on the quote or let him know why you chose this quote and what it means to you.
- Adding in special memories you share or why he is such a great father is always a nice touch to make the card personalized.
- Finally, end the card with a “Happy Father’s Day” and sign it.
With the Picta app, your Father's Day cards are ready in 1-hour
Choose the store closest to you to pick up your personalized photo cards at Walgreens and CVS.
- Father’s Day cards
- Mather’s Day cards
- Love cards
- Thinking of you cards
- Christmas cards
- Holiday cards
- and much, much, more!