Don’t spread the love on Valentine’s Day … keep it for YOURSELF. This year, February 14th should be about putting yourself first and showing yourself some loving! After all, that’s what we are all looking for right? That elusive thing called happiness! Falling in love with yourself should be your top priority all the time and especially on Valentine’s Day, whether you’re in a relationship or not.
Why You Are Doing Valentine’s Day Wrong (and how you can change that)
January 14th, 2021
Who will you decide to love this year?Get this quote
Let’s be realistic, we’re not talking about big gestures but some small things that can add up and make a difference:
- Focus on what is presently happening – worrying about the future isn’t doing anyone any good.
- Do something that makes you happy (even putting on Christmas music & dancing naked in the living room while eating ice cream at 3 in the morning… who cares! “Just do it” as Nike would say! (with the blinds closed if you have neighbors 😂)
- Take deep breaths. It may sound a little silly and a little too much like meditating, but taking a few moments to slow down at the end of the day and focus just on your breathing (and if you notice any other points of stress) can be truly effective and relaxing!
This year, let's focus on ourselves and all those fun qualities that make US great!
- Treat yourself. Take out your wallet and spend some dough … but only on yourself, and for things that truly make you happy. It doesn’t have to just be that fancy box of chocolate you’ve been eyeing, it can also be an appointment to a nail salon for some “me-time”. Wallet feeling a bit tight with the pandemic? No one said it had to be an expensive gift … like a photo one?
- Or just do nothing! If you are used to running around everywhere all the time, putting others first, or just don’t feel like you’ve had a moment to yourself … it might be the time to say NO and block-off a Sunday afternoon just for you to do nothing!
Look out Cupid ... self-love is in the air!Get this quote
We really hope that you won’t feel the social pressure and the emotional stress of “being single” on Valentine’s Day. Valentine’s Day can be redefined for you as the day you make memories with yourself. Putting yourself first and taking time to find out who you really are will just give you the upper edge in a relationship! #LifeLoveMemories
Share with us your picture of Valentine’s Day and tell us which advice you liked the best with #lifelovememories on social media 💗 @pictaphotoappGet this quote