Thanksgiving photo crafts and project are a great weekend activity to spend time as a family or a way to tackle a new activity that you’ve always wanted to dip your feet in! We’ve gathered up some of our favorite ideas to let you get your craft on!
Photo Craft: Funky Feather Frame
This is always my go-to project each year to get the kiddos involved as well as decorate my house with photos! It’s really easy and fun for all ages to get involved. Plus the small amount of supplies makes it easy to spend an afternoon creating.
- A photo (of course!)
- A frame to match the photo size (we love this budget frame!)
- Brown paint (to color the frame, optional)
- Craft feathers
- Colored paper / foam / googly eyes
- Extras: colored markers, glitter, stickers …
- Take your photo and put it into your photo frame. Make sure the photo is nice and centered!
- If you want to create a brown body for your turkey frame, take the brown paint and paint the photo frame (bonus points if you get fancy with the feathers on the body!).
- Take your craft feathers and glue and stick them on the top, back of the frame to make the head of the turkey.
- Using the colored paper or foam or googly eyes, create two eyes for the top of the frame. Then cut out a yellow or orange triangle to make the beak and glue it on the bottom.
- Get creative! Go all out with extras to make the frame how you want it!
Need to print your photos quickly and easily? Picta has got you covered with our fleet of photo printing apps to print to Walgreens, CVS and Walmart. Your photos are ready in an hour, so you can spend more time on what matters.
Thanksgiving Project: I’m Grateful For…
This year, more than ever, we are grateful for the little and big things in life. We’ve seen global changes that have made us thankful for teachers, our front-line workers, even toilet paper! (who would’ve thought!)
This fun Thanksgiving craft project is the perfect way to reflect and get everyone involved in this season of gratitude!
- Paper plate
- Toilet paper roll (it’s very 2020-trendy!)
- Colored foam
- Trace and cut out your hand or your child’s hand to create the base of your turkey.
- Next, glue the empty toilet paper roll onto the middle of the “hand” base.
- Decorate your turkey body with colored foam or paper to create eyes, a beak, feathers, etc.
- Cut out the body feathers from the colored foam into oval or feather-shaped pieces. Take your marker and write on each feather something you are grateful for.
- Glue each of the feathers onto the paper plate to create the plume of feathers. Finally, glue the toilet paper roll body and base onto the plate to finish!
There you have it! 2 super fun Thanksgiving photo crafts to share in this season of gratitude.
And speaking of seasonal things, ’tis the season for all things jolly! With Picta, make personalized gift shopping and gifting a breeze with our family of products. From Frames Canvases to Christmas cards and more, there’s something for everyone!
more holiday content this way
100+ Quotes, Sayings, Captions and Holiday card wordings! ‘Twas the night before Christmas, and…November 27, 2020
The Thanksgiving meal is finished, Halloween is long gone, there is a slight chill…November 23, 2020
Once upon a time it was, Christmas. Although 2020 looked a little different than…November 20, 2020
WITH PICTA, PRINT QUOTES, CARD DESIGNS IN 1 HOUR OR DELIVER TO HOME