Enjoy these quotes for siblings, sisters and brothers.
Siblings, whether older or younger, brothers or sisters, or even twins … these are our first friends, our partners-in-crime, and sometimes even frenemies.
These quotes for siblings can be used in social media posts, for birthday cards, or just little messages to let your sibling know you are thinking of them. We don’t always have the words to describe how we are feeling, quotes can help with this!
Or print out your favorite quote as a gift to hang as wall art or for a special occasion!
These sister quotes are sure to make you smile (and want to give her a call)! From sister quotes, from celebrities to films and books, there is a wide variety to choose from.
- “I could never love anyone as I love my sisters.”
- “A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves—a special kind of double.”
- “Sister. She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she’s the reason you wish you were an only child.”
- “Sisters make the best friends in the world.”
- “You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. You need her, as she needs you.”
—George R.R. Martin
- “A sister is like yourself in a different movie, a movie that stars you in a different life.”
- “If you don’t annoy your big sister for no good reason from time to time, she thinks you don’t love her anymore.”
- “If you don’t understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child.”
- “I’m smiling because we’re sisters. I’m laughing because there’s nothing you can do about it.”
- “Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.”
For older or younger brothers, these quotes are perfect to share with your bro!
- “Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero.”
– Marc Brown
- “Because brothers don’t let each other wander in the dark alone.”
– Jolene Perry
- “Brothers are playmates in the beginning and best friends for life.”
- “Brother – a person who is there when you need him; someone who picks you up when you fall; a person who sticks up for you when no one else will; a brother is always a friend.”
- “There is a destiny which makes us brothers; none goes his way alone. All that we send into the lives of others comes back into our own.”
– Edwin Markham
- “There is no love like the love for a brother. There is no love like the love from a brother.”
– Astrid Alauda
- “He is my most beloved friend and my bitterest rival, my confidant and my betrayer, my sustainer and my dependent, and scariest of all, my equal.”
– Gregg Levoy
- “I may fight with my siblings. But once you lay a finger on them, you’ll be facing me.”
- “A Brother may not be a Friend, but a Friend will always be a Brother.”
– Benjamin Franklin
- “My brother is one of my true heroes. Steady and sober where I am impulsive and emotional.”
The quotes for siblings are the perfect way to tell your brother or sister how you are feeling.
- “Siblings: children of the same parents, each of whom is perfectly normal until they get together.”
– Sam Levenson
- “Siblings that say they never fight are most definitely hiding something.”
– Lemony Snicket
- They say that no matter how old you become, when you are with your siblings, you revert back to childhood.”
– Karen White
- “The greatest gift our parents ever gave us was each other.”
- “A sibling is the lens through which you see your childhood.”
– Ann Hood
- “You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.”
– Desmond Tutu
- “If you want to do really important things in life and big things in life, you can’t do anything by yourself. And your best teams are your friends and your siblings.”
– Deepak Chopra
- “A sibling represents a person’s past, present, and future.”
– John Corey Whaley
- “Siblings-the definition that comprises love, strife, competition and forever friends.”
– Byron Pulsifer
- ”The advantage of growing up with siblings is that you become very good at fractions.”
– Robert Brault