Did you know the week, October 4 – October 10 is Mental Health Awareness Week? Here at Picta, we are celebrating this cause and helping bring awareness with these 30 Mental Health Quotes!
Scroll down to get our free mental health quote printable and poem to send to loved ones or hang on your wall.
Whether you are battling a mental struggle, need a boost of self-esteem, or just need some positivity and light to let you know you are not alone, these Mental Health Quotes are for everyone and anyone!
Please note that Picta is not a health-related organization. Should you seek medical help, please visit your doctor. For serious mental health queries please don’t hesitate to contact the Suicide Hotline directly at 1-800-273-8255.
Positive mental health quotes
1. “Taking care of myself doesn’t mean ‘me first.’ It means ‘me too.'” 2. “There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.” ― John Green 3. “The experience I have had is that once you start talking about [experiencing a mental health struggle], you realize that actually, you’re part of quite a big club.” — Prince Harry
4. “Kindness begins with the understanding that we all struggle.” 5. “You look at me and cry; everything hurts. I hold you and whisper: but everything can heal.” ― Rupi Kaur 6. “Mental health problems don’t define who you are. They are something you experience. You walk in the rain and you feel the rain, but, importantly, YOU ARE NOT THE RAIN.” — Matt Haig
7. “You are strong enough to face it all, even if it doesn’t feel like it right now.” 8. “If you are broken, you do not have to stay broken.” — Selena Gomez 9. “My dark days made me stronger. Or maybe I already was strong, and they made me prove it.” — Emery Lord
10. “Not all storms come to disrupt your path. Some come to clear it.” 11. “But no matter how much evil I see, I think it’s important for everyone to understand that there is much more light than darkness.” ― Robert Uttaro 12. “Tough times never last, but tough people do!” — Robert Schuller
13. “You have so much love in your heart. Give some to yourself.” 14. “I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.” — Amy March, from Little Women 15. “Promise me you’ll always remember — you’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” — Christopher Robin from Winnie the Pooh
16. “Do not judge my story by the chapter you walked in on.” 17. “Mental health needs a great deal of attention. It’s the final taboo and it needs to be faced and dealt with.” — Adam Ant 18. “What mental health needs is more sunlight, more candor, and more unashamed conversation.” — Glenn Close
19. “Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind.” 20. “In any given moment, we have two options: to step forward into growth or to step back into safety.” — Abraham Maslow 21. “‘Positive vibes only’ isn’t a thing. Humans have a wide range of emotions and that’s OK.” — Molly Bahr
22. “From the outside looking in, it’s hard to understand. From the inside looking out it’s hard to explain.” 23. “Change what you can, manage what you can’t.” ― Raymond McCauley 24. “Mental health affects every aspect of your life. It’s not just this neat little issue you can put into a box.” — Shannon Purser
25. “Give yourself some credit for how far you’ve come.” 26. “We are not our trauma. We are not our brain chemistry. That’s part of who we are, but we’re so much more than that.” ― Sam J. Miller 27. “There is so much pain in the world, and most of these people keep theirs secret, rolling through agonizing lives in invisible wheelchairs, dressed in invisible bodycasts.” ― Andrew Solomon
28. Flowers grow back after the harshest winter. You will too.” 29. “You are not your illness. You have an individual story to tell. You have a name, a history, a personality. Staying yourself is part of the battle.” — Julian Seifter 30. “Don’t let your mind bully your body into believing it must carry the burden of its worries.” — Astrid Alauda
And check out our free printable poem to share with those around you! With the Picta Photo app, printing this free quote is a great way to show someone you care.
These quotes for mental health are the perfect thing to send to a loved one having a hard time or to send to someone far away to let them know you are thinking of them. Quotes are a great way to put your emotions into written words! We have lots more motivational quotes in the Picta Photo app, in the Thread and Gifts section!
And make sure to follow us on Instagram and Facebook for more Mental Health Awareness Week content, tips and more!